Industries Administration and Compliance
Once a license or exemption is granted, Commission staff ensures that regulated entities remain in compliance with the terms and conditions of their respective licenses or exemptions to protect, mitigate and enhance beneficial public uses of hydropower projects.
Post-licensing, Commission staff is responsible for tracking and administrating license requirements, inspecting site conditions, investigating compliance issues, and assessing penalties. Other post-licensing filings that are processed by Commission staff include, but are not limited to:
- How to Surrender a License or Exemption
- Extensions of Time to Comply with License/Exemption Requirements
- Technical studies
Other administrative activities include:
- All special license articles - these usually are included in licenses to protect environmental resources and to ensure dam safety.
- Standard L, E, & P Form Articles - Standard License Articles
- Jurisdiction Determination - Determine whether an existing dam should be regulated by FERC
- Headwater Benefits - Determine whether downstream projects benefit from Federal projects and if they should pay for benefits
- Renewable Energy Tax Credit Guidelines Pursuant to the Energy Policy Act of 2005
- Shoreline Development Applications updated 03/2012
- Shoreline Management Planning updated 07/16/2012 | FAQs