About FERC Chief Financial Officer
The Internal Controls and Evaluation Division provides internal auditing expertise to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial and performance information needed for decision making. The Division also:
- Performs audits and reviews, encompassing both compliance and performance effectiveness, to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of financial and management processes, IT systems, operations and programs.
- Ensures that adequate internal controls are in place and effective to safeguard against waste, loss, or misappropriation.
- Advises FERC on matters related to the management control systems, financial management, IT systems, operational performance and administrative processes.
- Coordinates FERCís strategic planning process including setting goals and metrics; measures and reports on performance against these goals.
- Coordinates FERCís Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA) process.
- Serves as FERCís liaison to external audits, including GAO inquiries involving the Commission.