Enforcement Civil Penalty Actions
|Subject of investigation and ORDER and DATE||Total payment
|Explanation of payments (civil penalty under the NGA, FPA, or NGPA; DISGORGEMENT OF PROFITS; other PAYMENTS) and compliance plans||
Louis Dreyfus Energy
146 FERC ¶ 61,072
(February 7, 2014)
|$4,072,257 Civil Penalty (LDES)
$310,000 Civil Penalty (Cheng)
$3,334,000 Disgorgement plus interest
|LDES: Civil penalty, disgorgement, removal of trader from certain responsibilities, commitment to compliance measures and compliance monitoring resulting from violations of 18 C.F.R. § 1c.2 (prohibition of electric energy market manipulation).
Cheng: Civil penalty.
Erie Boulevard Hydropower 146 FERC ¶ 61,027
(January 15, 2014)
|$4,000,000 Civil Penalty||Civil penalty resulting from violations of Part 12 of the Commission’s regulations, 18 C.F.R. Sections 12.1 et seq. violations of the safety of water power projects and project works.|
*Total civil penalties assessed for all years: $585,627,286
**Total disgorgement ordered for all years: $299,367,047
*The “Total civil penalties assessed for all years” does not include the:
- $30,000,000 penalty assessed against Hunter, which was addressed on petition for review in Hunter v. FERC, No. 11-1477 (D.C. Cir. March 15, 2013).
- $453,000,000 assessed in the Barclays matter. That matter is currently pending.
- $5,000,000 assessed in the Lincoln Paper and Tissue matter. That matter is currently pending.
- $7,500,000 assessed in the Competitive Energy Services matter. That matter is currently pending.
- $1,250,000 assessed in the Richard Silkman matter. That matter is currently pending.
**The "Total disgorgement ordered for all years" does not include the $34,900,000 assessed in the Barclays matter, the $379,016 assessed in the Lincoln Paper and Tissue matter, or the $166,841 assessed in the Competitive Energy Services matter. Those matters are currently pending.