Help File an Expedited FOIA Request
Please include the following information in writing (fax, email
or mailed letter):
- When you make your request be as specific as possible.
- Include as many relevant names, dates, places, events, subjects, etc.; and
- Do you want records associated with a particular proceeding? Provide the docket number.
- Include a statement of your willingness to pay a reasonable fee or
- The maximum fee you are willing to pay; or
- A request for a waiver or reduction of fees.
Your request must identify your interests. Are you
requesting information for commercial interests, press/educational
interests, or other interests? You must specify.
- Clearly mark your request (email, fax or letter)
and your (subject line, cover letter or envelope, respectively)
with the statement "Freedom of Information Act Request."
- A statement setting forth the reasons why your request should
- Certify that the reasons you give are true and correct.
- Send your request to FERC's FOIA Officer.
FOIA Officer: Leonard Tao, Director
Office of External Affairs
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
888 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20426
Note: The FOIA office will notify you of its decision about whether to grant expedited processing within ten days of receiving your letter.
If the Commission denies your request for expedited processing, you will be advised of your right to submit an administrative appeal, which will be handled expeditiously.