Media Statements & Speeches
|Statement: March 20, 2008||View Printable PDF Version|
|Docket No: P-12751-000|
Commissioner Kelly's statement on Finavera Renewables Ocean Energy, Ltd.
- I am very pleased with the progress reported today, which now allows the Makah Bay Project to move forward.
- I believe that we would not be at this point today without the level of cooperation and coordination among the stakeholders, and I thank them for their efforts.
- In particular, I commend the State of Washington for demonstrating leadership in not only promoting the development of hydrokinetic projects, but doing what it takes to make these projects a reality.
- In addition to its timely actions to date on the Makah Bay Project, the State of Washington is also currently discussing the development of a Memorandum of Understanding with our staff, which would facilitate the development of hydrokinetic projects in Washington state waters.
- I am pleased with these developments. The Makah Bay Project should be held as a model for how stakeholders can work together to timely develop these important new sources of renewable energy.
|View Printable PDF Version|