Contact Us Building Access
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is conveniently located at 888 First Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. approximately three blocks from the Union Station Metro station.
If you plan to visit the FERC, the following information is provided:
- FERC's hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., U.S. Eastern Time (GMT -4), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Upon entering through the First Street doors, proceed directly to the security-scanning machine and metal detector continue to the guard's desk to complete sign-in and access procedures.
- To gain access, you must either:
- Be pre-announced by the person you are visiting at which time you will
be directed to your sponsor; or
- If you are not pre-announced, the person whom you wish to visit will be notified of your arrival. If the sponsor authorizes you to visit, you will be escorted.
- Be pre-announced by the person you are visiting at which time you will be directed to your sponsor; or