Documents & Filing eComment
FERC's eComment Option is limited to individuals filing up to 6,000 characters of text-only comments on their own behalf in the following proceedings:
- Hydroelectric License/Re-license Proceedings (P - Project Number),
- Pre-Filing Activity for Planned Natural Gas Projects (PF Docket),
- Applications for Authorization to Construct a Natural Gas Pipeline, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) or Other Facility (CP Dockets),
- Pre-Filing Activity for Permits to Site Interstate Electric Transmission Lines (PT Dockets), and
- Applications for a Permit to Site Interstate Electric Transmission Lines (ET Dockets).
You must have or create a full eRegistration account (not limited to eSubscription) and use the Commission's efiling system if you are filing:
- On behalf of a company, agency, organization, association, or other non-individual
- A Motion to Intervene
- Comments exceeding 6,000 characters,
- Non-text material (exhibits, photos) or file attachments
- Privileged or Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII).
You must use the Commission's eFiling system instead of eComment. The eFiling system requires that you have an unrestricted eRegister account.
Note: It makes no difference which system - eComments or eFiling - you use to submit comments. All comments submitted under either option are placed in the Record for the specified docket or project number(s).