March 16, 2020
- Electric Quarterly Report Release Notes Update 3.7; two validation rules for Transactions were added that result in an Error Message, these are effective for the reporting period beginning Q1 2020. Please reference the EQR Release Notes for Validation Rule F.30.46 and Validation Rule F.30.47 for a summary of the modification.
December 2, 2019
- Electric Quarterly Report Release Notes Update 3.6; five previous validation rules for transactions were revised to result in an error, rather than a warning. The revisions will be in effect for the reporting period beginning Q4 2019. Please reference the EQR Release Notes for a summary of upgrades, modifications, or corrections to the EQR filing system.
November 26, 2019
- FERC Staff has posted two presentations to the meeting event calendar for the upcoming EQR Users Group meeting being hosted at the Commission on December 4, 2019
- FERC staff has added two new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to assist filers in submitting the Electric Quarterly Report (EQR). These FAQ’s can be identified by the date “as of 11/26/2019.” The EQR FAQ webpage can be found here Frequently Asked Questions.
December 4, 2019
- EQR Users Group Meeting Notice |
February 14, 2019
June 5, 2018
- EQR Users Group Meeting Notice |
May 17, 2018
- FERC staff has added seven new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to assist EQR filers in submitting the Electric Quarterly Report (EQR). These FAQ’s can be identified by the date “as of 5/16/2018”.
February 1, 2018
- Staff is planning a Spring 2018 EQR User Group meeting and is asking for user input on topics specific to using EQR data. Recent meetings focused on issues pertaining primarily to EQR filers. At the Spring meeting, staff will dedicate time to discuss issues relevant to those accessing and using EQR data. Email feedback to email@example.com. Staff expects to issue a save-the-date Notice in the coming weeks.
November 22, 2017
November 15, 2017
- Staff has posted an updated Electric Quarterly Report Filing Requirements Guide . The Guide is intended to assist filers in submitting their information accurately in the Electric Quarterly Report (EQR). The Guide provides staff filing guidance along with corresponding references to relevant Commission orders. Embedded hyperlinks allow the reader to navigate among the various topic items within the Guide.
November 9, 2017
- EQR Update 3.5: In order to enhance the system notifications, FERC staff has updated the EQR system to include submitted file names within the email receipts sent to EQR filers upon submission of their filings.
As a result of adding file names into the automatic email receipts, FERC staff updated the Submission Service Object. Therefore, all users of third party software must obtain the latest “FormsSubmissionService” linked below and update their submission service object to be compatible with this new release: http://eqrformssubmissionservice.ferc.gov/FormsSubmissionService.svc
June 28, 2017
- FERC staff has updated the EQR Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for improved guidance and enhanced usability. Read More
May 16, 2017
- EQR Users Group Meeting: to discuss potential improvements to the EQR program and the EQR filing process. For more information and to register for this free event. Agenda | Notice |
May 2, 2017
- The technical issue preventing certain filers from submitting their Q1 2017 EQR filings using XML by Monday, May 1, has been resolved. Affected filers should submit their EQR filings no later than Friday, May 5.
May 1, 2017
- FERC staff is aware that some filers have been experiencing difficulty when trying to submit EQR filings using XML. Staff continues to troubleshoot the issue. Although the deadline for Q1 2017 EQR filings is today (May 1), filers do not need to submit an extension request if encountering this problem. A subsequent staff announcement will be made when the problem is resolved.
April 12, 2017
- Notice of Deactivation of EQR Sandbox Electronic Test Site Notice
March 29, 2017
- FERC to Convene an EQR Users Group Meeting on May 16, 2017 Notice |
- Notice of Extension of Time was issued for reporting a new Contract Unique ID (Field No. 15) when there is a new Commencement Date of Contract Terms (Field No. 22) Notice of Extension of Time
- FERC Staff provides guidance for reporting in sub-hourly increments Staff has received inquiries from EQR filers concerning the requirement to report contracts and transactions that occur on a sub-hourly basis, i.e. in five-minute or fifteen-minute increments, as applicable, in Field Numbers 28 and 61 (“Increment Name”).
- The December 5, 2016 Order on Rehearing and Clarification (December Order) at P 49 stated that, if an RTO or ISO has not completed the transition to a sub-hourly settlement interval, then the market participants in that RTO or ISO will not be required to report information in the EQR using a sub-hourly “Increment Name.”
- The December Order also stated that market participants will be able to report their information in sub-hourly increments because they will receive settlement data from the RTO or ISO in sub-hourly increments after the RTO or ISO transitions to sub-hourly settlement intervals and that data will be used to report information in the EQR. Staff recognizes that CAISO and NYISO have been found to comply fully with Order No. 825. Therefore, staff expects market participants in CAISO and NYISO to report information in the EQR on a sub-hourly basis upon receipt of the settlement data from the ISO in sub-hourly increments.
- However, at this time, ISO-NE, MISO, PJM and SPP have not been found to comply fully with the sub-hourly settlement requirement in Order No. 825. Therefore, staff does not expect market participants in ISO-NE, MISO, PJM and SPP to file information in the EQR on a sub-hourly basis until the effective date of the relevant RTO’s compliance with the sub-hourly settlement requirement in Order No. 825 and upon receipt of the settlement data from the RTO in sub-hourly increments. If an RTO or ISO market participant is capable of reporting information on a sub-hourly basis earlier, it may do so.
January 17, 2017
- Recently all FERC external servers have been updated to match required SSL protocol. This update includes the direct XML service for EQR users to submit their quarterly filings thru any 3rd party software. Read More
January 12, 2017
- Data Dictionary
- Data Dictionary (redlined version)
- XML schema Structure | Data Value
- EQR Update 3.4 (updated): FERC staff has updated the Data Dictionary and the XML schema to be used beginning with EQR filings for the period Q1 2017. These documents include updates made in the June 16 and December 5, 2016 orders issued in Docket No. RM01-8, et al. The Primary Frequency Response product has been added to the Data Dictionary pursuant to Order No. 819.
December 5, 2016
- Order RM01-8-013: Commission issues EQR Order on Rehearing and Clarification regarding Filing Requirements for Electric Utility Service Agreements Order
November 17, 2016
- EQR Users Group Meeting: Commission staff will facilitate a meeting with EQR users on December 8, 2016, from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST to discuss potential improvements to the EQR program and the EQR filing process. For more information and to register for this free event, please check.
November 10, 2016
- Order RM01-8-000: Extends Compliance Effective Date of the June 16 Order (RM01-8, et al.) issued on November 7, 2016 Order
September 22, 2016
- Item E-1: FERC Seeks Comments on Revisions to Electric Quarterly Report Requirements News Release | Notice of Comment
- eFile your Comments
June 16, 2016
- Item E-7: FERC clarifies EQR reporting requirements and revises EQR Data Dictionary Decision