FERC Actions Regarding the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
|The Commission has taken various actions as to the effect of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 on Commission-jurisdictional rates of electric public utilities, natural gas pipelines and oil pipelines. Read More
» Commission's Responsibilities
- Regulation of pipeline, storage, and liquefied natural gas facility construction.
- Regulation of natural gas transportation in interstate commerce.
- Issuance of certificates of public convenience and necessity to prospective companies providing energy services or constructing and operating interstate pipelines and storage facilities.
- Regulation of facility abandonment.
- Establishment of rates for services.
- Regulation of the transportation of natural gas as authorized by the NGPA (Natural Gas Policy Act) and the OCSLA (Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act).
- Oversight of the construction and operation of pipeline facilities at U.S. points of entry for the import or export of natural gas.