Resources Submit Comments via eComment
Click on the "eComment" button
- The system returns an "Authorize eComment:" screen. Key in your
- Email address, and
- Phone Number (optional) in the labeled fields.
- Key in the characters in the picture in the field below the picture. If you have difficulty reading the characters, click on the speaker icon next to the picture to hear the code (be sure the volume on your PC is high enough). After keying in the characters, click on Submit.
- You will see the message: "Thank you for your interest in submitting eComments to FERC. You will receive an email with detailed instructions on how you can submit your eComment." The email is sent to the email address you entered on the first screen.
- Check your email account for a "Confirmation of eComment" email. Click on the link in the email to display the "Submit eComment" screen.
- You can query and select the docket or project number(s) applicable to your comment (click on Search) or you can use the Quick Entry method.
- Key or Copy/Paste your text comments in the large text box. There is a counter below the box to tell you how much space you have left for comments. If you entered a name at the beginning of the process for an Association or organization, you must include the name of an individual responsible for the filing and contact information in the text box.
- Click on Submit Comment.
- You will receive a Confirmation of Receipt email. Your comments will be added to the record in eLibrary in the docket or project number(s) you selected at the beginning of the process.
For Quick Entry, key in the docket or project number in the box for the docket number. Use the Search option if you are unsure about the format. You may add additional docket or project numbers provided your comments pertain to them.