OALJ Calendar of Hearings
The administrative litigation process begins when the Commission sets a proceeding for hearing before an administrative law judge (ALJ). The Chief Administrative Law Judge assigns a presiding judge and sets a hearing schedule.
As an alternative to litigation, the Commission may also provide participants with the opportunity to resolve conflicts through settlement. Settlement proceedings conducted before an ALJ allows the participants to maintain more control over the process to find a mutually acceptable outcome. Under the Commission's rules of practice and procedure, Administrative Law Judges (ALJ) act as settlement judges, mediators, facilitators, and arbitrators.
Notices to the Public
The Chief Judge has issued several notices to the public that provide useful information regarding hearings, settlements, protective orders and general matters. These issuances are listed below. To automatically receive notices of the public issued by the Chief Judge, please subscribe to Docket No. AD20-12-000.
- Notice of Document Labelling Guidance for Documents Submitted to or Filed with the Commission or Commission Staff (Issued April 14, 2017)
General Settlement Guidance
- Elimination of the Requirement to Include Draft Commission Letter Orders with Filed Settlements and Certifications of Uncontested Settlements (Issued August 17, 2017)
- Amended Notice to the Public on Information to be Provided with Settlement Agreements and Guidance on the Role of Settlement Judges (Issued December 15, 2016)
- Notice to the Public for Clarification and Revision of the Previous Notice to the Public on Settlement Negotiations before Administrative Law Judges (Issued December 6, 2016)
- Settlement Negotiations Before Administrative Law Judges (Issued August 30, 2016)
Settlement Related Tariff Filings
- Additional eTariff Type of Filing Code (TOFC) for Modifications to Pending Rule 602 Settlement Filings (Issued April 19, 2018)
- Procedures Governing Rule 602 Settlement Filings (Issued October 13, 2017)
- Notice of Additional E-tariff Type of Filing Codes (Issued December 1, 2016)
Motions to Implement Interim Rates
- Motions to Place Interim Settlement Rates Into Effect (Issued August 30, 2016)
- Notice of Electronic Hearing Rules and Procedures (Issued September 27, 2019)
- Electronic Hearing Rules and Procedures (Issued June 3, 2020) | Notice to the Public Revisions to the Electronic Hearing Rules and Procedures (Issued June 3, 2020)
- Protected and Critical Energy Infrastructure Material (Issued April 19, 2013)
- Time Standards for Discovery (Issued December 8, 1999)