Bringing People to FERC
If you are interested in participating in a FERC proceeding, have a question about a FERC proceeding, or want to learn more about FERC and its role as a federal regulatory agency in the energy sector, OPP is here to help.
OPP can support you in your efforts to:
- Understand the industries FERC regulates and the limits of FERC jurisdiction;
- Find the FERC matter that relates to your concern, by docket number;
- File a comment, intervene, and participate in a FERC matter;
- Determine filing deadlines and understand FERC processes; and
- Find documents filed at FERC and previous FERC decisions.
OPP is helping people use existing FERC filing systems and document libraries and exploring ways to make those systems easier to use.
Bringing FERC to People
In addition to responding to inquiries, OPP conducts outreach to communities and organizations that have traditionally been under-represented or are new to FERC processes, such as Tribal members and environmental justice communities, to facilitate greater understanding of Commission processes and solicit broader participation in matters before the Commission.
OPP is attending public meetings, visiting with community organizations, and delivering presentations around the country to encourage more participation in, and understanding of, FERC matters.