PII includes information that is personal in nature and which may be used to identify you. You may provide PII to us when you contact us through an e-mail inquiry or a request for information. We do not require you to provide PII to visit our website. The FERC Online web-based applications allow the public to submit electronic documents, and facilitates pending submissions to be processed by the Secretary of the Commission staff. FERC Online does not require the submission of PII (e.g., social security numbers, birthdates, and phone numbers), and FERC is not responsible for any accidental or inadvertent submissions of such PII. Data submitted to the Commission through the filling out of online forms is not stored or retrieved by the name of the individual submitting the information, or by any other identifying particular assigned to the individual such as an e-mail address. Consequently, this group of records is not considered to be a “system of records” as defined in the Privacy Act of 1974.
We collect technical information that does not include PII when you browse our website. The section Information Collected and Stored Automatically further explains how we handle and collect information.
Every citizen must have complete confidence in the integrity of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission; otherwise, our ability to act in the public interest will be compromised. Therefore, each FERC employee must demonstrate ethical conduct by complying with all relevant Federal statutes and rules, including those set forth in the Commission's and the Office of Government Ethics' regulations. Each employee is responsible for knowing the ethics rules and for behaving ethically. Ignorance is no defense.
FERC Web Accessibility
FERC is committed to making its website accessible to all citizens. FERC makes every effort to meet the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Section 508 requires that electronic and information technology developed, procured, maintained, or used by the Federal government be accessible to people with disabilities.
We are continually working to make our website more accessible, including our entire collection of electronic libraries (eLibrary, FERC Online, etc.).
Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
- The Commission has a Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) in the event that the headquarters building is closed for a period of time. In such a scenario the Commission's COOP would be activated, ensuring the continuance of core Commission mission essential functions.
- FERC COOP-essential personnel have been identified and trained for a COOP event. During any COOP event, those COOP-essential personnel would report to the COOP offsite. All other FERC personnel will remain at home until the COOP event is declared over, and FERC operations are moved back into the FERC headquarters building.
- The FERC COOP is an all hazards plan. The COOP ensures that no matter what event closes the FERC headquarters building, the FERC will continue providing core services to its customers and employees.
Open Government Initiatives
Welcome to FERC's Open Government Web page. At FERC, we embrace the three principles of transparency, participation, and collaboration forming the foundation of an open government. Learn More
Federal Acquisition Records
Per 5.303 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Commission will publicly post for a minimum of 10 working days any of its awards that exceed $4.5 million. The awards will be posted publicly the day the awards are officially awarded per the FAR. Each posting will include a point of contact for any questions.
- Public Announcements and the Fully Executed Awards for the Core IT 2 and DocOps 2 Call Orders: Public Notice CBOSS BPA Core IT 2 | Public Notice CBOSS BPA DocOps 2 | Order for Supplies or Service | Memorandum for FERC CORE Information Technology call Order 2 Award Notification
- The recently awarded DSS Call Order 1 exceeds this $4.5M threshold. POC: Yolanda Cooper.
- Public Notification of Award valued at over $4.5 million, FERC Data Support Services (DSS) Request for Quote (RFQ)
- ORDER FOR SUPPLIES OR SERVICES (ORDER NO. 89603023F0096)