In 2008, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a report, FERC Could Take Additional Steps to Analyze Regional Transmission Organizations’ Benefits and Performance , recommending that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) develop standardized measures or metrics to track the performance of Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) operations and markets.
On April 21st, 2020 the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approved the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (Commission or FERC) request to approve the reinstatement and proposed changes to FERC-922 (Performance Metrics for ISOs and RTOs and Regions Outside ISOs and RTOs, OMB Control No. 1902-0262), as discussed in Docket No. AD19-16-000. Commission staff indicated that upon approval by OMB the Commission expects to receive the data in this collection via the Commission’s electronic filing system (eFiling).
Commission staff has created a new, standardized electronic reporting form (FERC-922) and accompanying User Guide that respondents are to use to provide information on the RTO/ISO Performance Metrics, and upon completion submit an eFiling in Docket No. AD19-16-000.
Previous Staff Reports in This Initiative
- 2021 Common Metrics (Docket No. AD19-16-000) Staff Report
- 2016 Common Metrics for RTO/ISOs and Individual Utilities Staff Report | Errata Notice (revised on August 3, 2017)
- 2014 Common Metrics (Docket No. AD14-15-000) Staff Report
- 2012 Performance Metrics in Regions Outside ISOs and RTOs (Docket No. AD12-8-000) Staff Report
- 2011 Report to Congress on Performance Metrics for Independent System Operators and Regional Transmission Organizations
- 2010 ISO/RTO Performance Metrics (Docket No. AD10-5-000) Staff Report