Before transferring any property interests in an exempt project, the exemption holder must inform the transferee of the terms and conditions of the exemption (see 18 C.F.R. §4.106(i) ) . Within 30 days of transferring the property interests, the exemption holder must inform the Commission in writing of the identity and address of the transferee. As long as the transferee has the necessary property rights, it is authorized to operate the project.
DHAC will issue a public notice of the exemption transfer. The notice contains all the information concerning the exemption holder and transferee. The public notice does not have a comment period since exemption transfers do not require prior Commission approval. The purpose of the notice is to advise all interested parties that there is a new project owner/exemptee.
An Acknowledgement of Transfer of Exemption letter will be mailed out to the new owner/exemptee that includes filing instructions and mailing address, explanation of article and terms and conditions of compliance, extension of time requirements, guidance on exemption amendments, and where to obtain additional assistance.
- How To Submit and/or Update Contact Information
- How to Transfer a License or Exemption
- How to Surrender a License or Exemption
- Extensions of Time to Comply with License/Exemption Requirements
- Standard L, E, & P Form Articles
- Jurisdiction Determination
- Headwater Benefits
- Renewable Energy Tax Credit Guidelines Pursuant to the Energy Policy Act of 2005
- 18 CFR 11.10
- Order No. 852
- Hydropower Staff Reports
- Enforcement Hotline FAQ
- Calendar of Events