- Requires pipelines to unbundle (i.e., separate) their sales services from their transportation services.
- Issues blanket sales certificates to pipelines so that they can offer unbundled firm and interruptible sales services at market-based rates.
- Includes a new unbundled "no-notice", firm transportation service, firm transportation service that is unbundled and improved in quality, unbundled storage services, and interruptible transportation services, among others.
- Amends Section 284.221(d) of the Commission's Regulations to allow pregranted abandonment for interruptible and short-term (one year or less) firm transportation, and for long term (over one year) firm transportation under certain conditions.
- Modifies the terms of existing capacity brokering programs to conform to a generic capacity releasing program.