FERC can expedite the process in the following ways:
- Waive some pre-filing consultation requirements (with resource agency cooperation);
- Combine environmental scoping with pre-filing consultation;
- Combine public noticing requirements;
- Shorten comment periods;
- Coordinate with resource agencies to obtain their final terms and conditions before we issue an environmental assessment, instead of the customary preliminary and final versions
- Use a single environmental document (opposed to using draft and final documents); and
- Issue the order on the same day as the environmental assessment.